Benefits of Double Glazing
Specifically designed to reduce heat loss from homes and buildings, double glazing also performs many other benefits, including:
- Warmer in winter: Double glazing is the ideal
form of insulation, with up to 50-70% of home heat lost through
single-glazed windows. Double glazing also helps capture and store a
higher percentage of the natural heat from the winter sun.
- Cooler in summer: Double glazing insulates your
home against extremes of temperature, trapping some of the summer sun;s
rays and minimising the heat which burns through your windows on hot,
- Reduces energy usage: Because there's less need for
heating systems you'll be reducing energy consumption, which saves on
your power bills and helps the environment.
- Reduces condensation: Condensation can be a serious
problem, particularly in older homes, as it causes mould and mildew,
and in some cases it will also rot timber window frames and damage your
family's health. Double glazing works to reduce excess moisture on your
- Reduces noise: Double gazing reduces noise for a
calmer, quieter home. High performance double glazing can reduce outside
noise by up to 60%, making it a great investment if you live by a busy
road or beneath a flight path.
- Enhances resale value: Double glazing is an
excellent way to increase the resale value of your home. With double
glazing, an older home can be just as desirable to the purchaser who
wants to ensure that the house they buy is efficiently insulated. With
retrofit double-glazing any home can get the benefits!
- Reduces interior fading: Reduces the damaging
effects of UV light on drapes, carpet and furniture (special glass types
required) Reduced interior fading by using glass combinations that
reduce the transmission of UV radiation. Reduce the need for thermal
drapes that can block the exterior view.
- Increases security: Discourage intruders for safety and security. It's more difficult for intruders to break in through double glazed windows, particularly if you include laminated or toughened glass.
The team here at Marlborough Glass have extensive experience in double glazing installations, for old and new homes, as well as commercial properties.
Why not contact us for
no-obligation advice or a quotation to meet your double glazing needs.
It could be easier and less costly than you think to make your home
more comfortable, more energy efficient and less costly to run.